Hog Hunts in Texas
– Texas is…well…Texas is Texas! Texas is big and bold and we are a very proud state as a whole. You’ve heard the statement “Everything is bigger in Texas!” It sure is and that includes our big, bad wild hogs! We’ve got an overwhelming number of wild hogs in our state!
– Wild hog hunting is an affordable hunt. There aren’t many places left where a hunter can go on a 2 day hunt for less than $450 a person. At these rates you can afford to take your family and friends hunting with you and start making those life-long memories!
– Wild hogs can be hunted year round. Texas is a very hunter-friendly state and wild hogs can be hunted year round. All you need is a 5 day non big game hunting license and a day lease hunting ranch…let the fun begin! You can buy online or at most Texas outdoor stores including Texas Wal Mart, etc. An adult license is $48 and a child’s license is $7. (CLICK HERE to see current Texas Hunting License Information and to be able to BUY ONLINE)
– Wild hogs are smart animals. Hunters have to be smarter! We do have a tremendous amount of wild hogs but it still takes patience and grit to bring a wild hog down. It’s all about the shot placement.
– Wild hog meat tastes excellent. It’s a bad rumor that wild hog meat is inedible. All wild hogs can be eaten no matter what the size! It’s a clean and lean meat that’s great to use in anything from tacos to pork roast. You can grill it, smoke it, slow cook it, cook it in a pit or have it ground up for sausage…any way you choose to cook your wild hog will give you a tasty as well as healthy meat. Our personal favorite way to cook wild hogs at the ranch is to smoke it whole on our big Texas-sized smoker. A treat you’ll never forget!
Texas wild hog hunting is a premiere sport with fantastic appeal to new and seasoned hunters as well. No matter what your skill level, hunting wild hogs is fun and challenging. It’s no wonder that most of our hunters find themselves addicted to Texas wild hog hunting!