Hog Hunting in Texas | The Best in Texas Hog Hunting!
Trophy West Texas Hog
Why Hunt with Dos Plumas Ranch
Hello, and thanks for your interest in Dos Plumas Hunting Ranch!
I have been hunting for the past 48 years and have been to many different ranches. I have been to those I liked, and those I did not. So I opened my own version of what I think most hunters are looking for in a ranch. An affordable price, plenty of game, comfortable and spacious lodging, and no trophy fees awaits you. Cheap Texas Hog Hunts with No surprise costs at the end of the hunt at Dos Plumas Ranch!
Our objective here at Dos Plumas is to offer the best value in a hunting operation to the everyday individual. We like to call ourselves "The Working Man's Ranch"
Come out and see us, and we'll show you some genuine Texas hospitality. We look forward to seeing you on your next outdoor adventure.
Give Allen a call to Book Your Texas Hog Hunt Today. 325-665-9450
"Texas Hog Hunting is Awesome. If You Want a Fantastic Place to Hunt Hogs in Texas, Dos Plumas Hunting Ranch is the Place to Go!"
West Texas Hog Hunting at Its Best
Where we treat you like family... not a number
Hog hunting in Texas as well as ram/hog combo hunts can be hunted year-round, offering hunters opportunities to get out and test their skills any time of the year!
Every hunter can tailor their hog hunt according to their specific needs but when you hunt at Dos Plumas Ranch … All you need is your weapon!
We tell everyone "Our success depends on your success." By the time you leave our ranch, you'll know how much effort we put into trying to make your hunt a successful hunt and how much we appreciate your business. If you're still not convinced to hunt with us, check out our testimonials from our past hunters.
Dos Plumas Ranch or as we like to refer to it 'Working Mans Ranch' is Family Owned and Operated and we pride ourselves on affordable hunts with no hidden fees.
Dos Plumas Hunting Ranch is geared towards the working man or woman and offers affordable, quality rifle and bow hunts with absolutely no kill or trophy fees of any kind. Our ranch in Northwest Texas is located 30 miles west of Abilene, Texas in the thick cedar rolling hills on the edge of the Edward’s Plateau. We offer a variety of hunting packages that can be individually tailored to meet every hunter's needs. Check out our hunting packages for:
- Texas Wild Hog Hunts
- Texas Ram/Hog Hunt Combo
- Trophy Only Wild Hog Hunts
What to expect on a Dos Plumas Texas Hog Hunt
You can expect to be greeted with Texas hospitality!
Our hunters arrive at the ranch between 5pm and 9pm the night before their hog hunting begins. We give you plenty of time to settle into the spacious bunkhouse complete with a full kitchen, air conditioning and area to socialize before the hunt. After you get settled we'll head over to the office to go over the hog hunting ranch guidelines and sign your release form. You will have a chance to meet your guide and go over important aspects of the hunt for the following day. Most of our hunters head on over to the campfire ring, hang out at the skinning shed sharing in the success of other hunters or take some practice shots on the rifle/archery range.
Your hog hunt starts bright and early the next am when your guide will take you out in the ranch truck to your stand. Enjoy the beautiful West Texas sunrise while waiting for the wild pigs to step out of the brush. After you harvest your hog, we pick you up at a designated time bringing your animals back with you to the skinning shed. For those do-it-yourself types we give you the option of skinning out your own hogs and storing it in our walk in cooler OR you can have the ranch manager skin and quarter for $25, no more than $50, depending on the size of the hog. Just tell the ranch manager and he’ll get your hog ready for the cooler in no time at all!
Now is the time that most hunters enjoy a bite to eat…either cooking in the kitchen or going into town to enjoy some of our local Tex-Mex food or a famous chicken house restaurant that has been around since before I was born! Bring your appetite on this one…they serve over 14 side dishes PLUS fried chicken…all you can eat. (Just don’t tell Brice you’re going…he’ll want to tag along!) For the competitive types, the ranch has a horseshoe pit or you can practice on the range. You can even walk out to spot and stalk for hogs during the mid-day hours.
Later in the afternoon we will take you out again for the evening hog hunt. This is generally when most of the action happens. Hog hunting in Texas can get very active in the evening! We really enjoy hearing the stories the hunters tell when we pick up at dark. Wild hogs are loud and active! The stories get even wilder while waiting in the dark to be picked up!
Most of our hog hunts are 2-3 day packages. We are in the 90% shot opportunity rate so most of our guests enjoy taking home plenty of wild hog meat in their coolers. If you decide to stay and extra night, we have plenty of room in the bunkhouse for $35 a person.
Here’s a short list of what you should bring to enjoy your hog hunting with Dos Plumas Ranch.
- Your weapon - Remember we have a range where you can site in your gun or check your accuracy of your bow.
- No license is needed to hunt wild hogs in Texas. However, a non-resident guest will need a "Non-resident 5-Day Special Hunting" license to hunt rams & predators ($48/Adult - $8/16 & Under) Texas License Information. Texas residents just need a regular hunting license to hunt rams & predators. Active duty can get a free license. Licenses can be purchased ONLINE or at any WalMart in Texas.
- Camouflage - Yes, you need camo! Wild hogs are very smart animals. Check the weather icon on the homepage of dosplumashuntingranch.com to see how to pack. It can be cold one minute and hot the next in Texas. Be prepared with the right type of camo.
- Your personal items - You’ll need soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc. We provide the basic linens such as sheets, towels, pillows and blankets.
- Flashlight - Occasionally hog hunting carries over into the night when the weather gets warm. Plus you’ll need a flashlight if we have to track your animals
- Skinning knives - Only if you choose to skin or quarter the hog yourself. We have electric hoists to help you do the heavy work and have a walk-in cooler to use during your hog hunting.
- Ice chest - We have a 90% success rate so you will likely leave the ranch with plenty of wild hog meat after your hog hunting time at the ranch. Just ice your meat down for your drive home.
- Trash bags - Only to put your meat into after it’s skinned and quartered. It helps keep the meat clean. Plus you might want extra bags for dirty clothes.